- Gotten braces to fix my crooked teeth: I've had them on for 15 months and they should be coming off really soon here.
- Joined Weight Watchers to lose 55 lbs: I've lost about 22 lbs so far, but really need to get back on the wagon. My goal is to lose 33 more lbs by December 18th, down to 128lbs. I've been doing it half-ass for a year. Time to get serious!
- Started marriage counseling: Nothing was "wrong" with our marriage per se, but we knew that we had some minor issues that needed tweaking. Money, control, communication...don't we all have those issues?
- Started personal counseling: Started off going for anger management issues because I was constantly angry with my children, with my job, with myself. Long story short: discovered that I was putting myself dead-last and burning the candle at both ends. Began taking breaks at work, making myself a priority again, learned to say NO and not feel bad about it.
- Started going to the chiropractor: Discovered that our insurance would cover 20 visits a year and I had been having upper back pain for a long time. So far so good!
- Started going to physical therapy: this was to deal with lower back pain that was spreading down my legs and to my pubic bone. OUCH! I've had 2 sessions and have learned that it's not a disk problem at all. My ab muscles are wayyy outta shape thanks to 2 pregnancies resulting in c-sections. This is the cause of my turmoil. So far so good!
- Started experimenting with different makeup and being more daring with my hair/clothing. It's so much fun to be a grrrrrl.
- Started getting more involved: in the nursing profession by becoming more serious about patient advocacy and becoming more active in our nurse's union.
- Took Love and Logic Parenting Classes: What an amazing parenting philosophy and it really does work! Don't warn, threaten or lecture kids...they learn by cause and effect experience.
- Adopted the Dave Ramsey approach: a better way to manage our money and be more accountable for it.
- Put our house up for sale: Was not the easiest decision, but when your pay is cut significantly and the bank will not work with you, despite applying 3x for the Home Loan Mods...something's gotta give!
So, Who the hell is Supernursemama? Well, I'm a nurse and a mom and I'm always on the go! I was born and raised in California, the oldest of a brood of siblings. I've been married for a respectable amount of time to a great guy :) We have 2 little boys under the age of 6. Can I be any more vague? Fo sho! But, as I chronicle my journey, you'll get to know me a little better. :)
You are so optimistic and motivated! I love it! You can accomplish all your goals , I just know it :-)
ReplyDelete